Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Face Bakersfield shutting down?

Since my last blog about Nick Belardes' community news Web site, FaceBakersfield.com, he's faced some tough issues. First, Bakersfield's D-league basketball team, the Jam, folded due to it losing too much money. The team seemed to be one of Nick's major advertisers. When I asked him what he was going to do, he answered that he'd continue moving forward with the site.

But now, about a month after the site was down previously due to a hack job, the site has been deemed a security threat. When I tried to open the site today, my Firefox browser posted this warning: “Reported Hack Site! This web site at facebakersfield.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.”

Here are a couple of Nick's Twitter posts (nlbelardes) about it:

-- “FACE NEWS DOWN "AGAIN": I have taken site down again until this "flagging of site as harmful" message disappears in browsers.”

-- “It might be time to find a new content management system or new template that doesn't have so many security holes. Wordpress, blah.”

-- “I love writing the news, but the Face News site is a headache. Maybe it's time to go back to a blog.”

I asked Nick what he's going to do now? He wrote that he just ate ice cream. His site may be down, but he's not.

He wrote: “Lots of great things going on. I have a book coming out and a possible 2 more book deals. Why would I be down?”

No comments:

Post a Comment