Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dream jobs for journalists

We've all heard about the British dude who landed the sweet gig getting paid $111,000 to live in a private villa on an island off the coast of Australia, snorkel, relax and write a blog about the experience.

Since the rest of us missed the boat on that one, would we settle for a mere $60,000 to live in a guest house on a vineyard, drink wine, play football with the winery's owners and blog about that experience?

The folks at Murphy-Goode Winery in Sonoma County are looking for someone “who really knows how to use Web 2.0 and Facebook and blogs and social media and YouTube and all sorts of good stuff like that — to tell the world about our wines and the place where we live.”

Um, I know how to do all that stuff! And I drink wine! And I love Sonoma County! And I know how to make a YouTube video, which is the only way they accept applications for this job!

Oh, but drats. I have a family, a 6-month-old son, a house, a dog and a cat to take care of. I can't just run away to wine country for six months.

So I relinquish this job opportunity to the rest of you unemployed journalists out there. The application is due June 5. Go forth and make your fame and fortune. And send me a case of wine.

1 comment:

  1. that does sound fabulous. i'm, however, in almost the same boat as you!

    ReplyDelete